The purpose of the Ohio State Newark Advising Office is to facilitate students' successful enrollment by:
- Familiarizing students with OSU curriculum options and academic resources
- Helping students identify their academic goals and make plans to achieve them
- Processing enrollment transactions, petitions, and applications in a timely manner
- Working at the campus and university levels to help enhance and develop curriculum and enrollment procedures to meet students' needs
- Helping students take full advantage of university programs, activities, and organizations in order to derive maximum benefit from the university experience
How will I meet and get to know my advisor?
- You will first meet the advising staff at your Placement Testing and Orientation. They are an integral part of the process as you move from applicant status to student status.
- You will be assigned to an advisor according to the major you have chosen. An advisor will also be teaching your University Survey course, EXP 1100. This is a great opportunity to begin a working relationship with the advising staff.
- Academic advisors are available by appointment throughout the calendar year. They care about your success! Call 740-366-9333 to set up an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is my academic advisor?
Your assigned advisor is listed on the the right hand side of the first page of your Student Center in Buckeye Link. Advisors at Newark are assigned according to major. To see a list of Newark advisors, please click here.
How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor?
Please call 740-366-9333 to schedule an appointment.
How do I schedule my classes?
Resource Guide 2017
Familiarize yourself with current OSU policies, procedures and resources located in the OSU Newark Orientation Resource Guide 2017.
For Current Students:
Log into the student portal my newark to access additional information on Academic Advising and University guidelines.