Student COVID-19 Testing
Testing is quick and easy — requires only 10-15 minutes of your time.
Testing is free to students — saving you money.
Testing is done through saliva — no worry about blood draws, needles or nose swabs.
The Ohio State University continues to refine, improve and expand testing efforts as they are a critical component of a safe and healthy campus community. Testing programs are carried out across campus to help the university monitor and address real-time trends and prevalence and make timely decisions on intervention and response.
Ohio State Newark COVID-19 Testing
Ohio State is taking action as we continue spring semester to prioritize the health and safety of the university community, and we want you to know how to do your part. Weekly surveillance testing is available for all students at Ohio State Newark:
- Dates: Every Tuesday from 9 a.m.—1 p.m.
- Location: Jane C. and William T. McConnell Hall, Room 100
- Cost: Free
Students are also welcome to get tested at the Columbus campus. Go to safeandhealthy.osu.edu/testing.
Students living in university housing are required to participate in the weekly testing program. Students who are compliant with weekly testing will be entered in drawings for prizes like gift cards and more.
Students who live off campus are encouraged to participate in the testing program. Students who are compliant with weekly testing will be entered in drawings for prizes like gift cards and more.
Register for Test
Students will need to register through mychart.osu.edu.
- Log in to MyChart to schedule your appointment time slot.
- At the top click on “visits” or “appointments.”
- Then “schedule an appointment.”
- Then “OSU COVID-19 Regional Campus Testing.”
- Answer the questions and then make sure to select “Newark” for the campus location.
- You will have the opportunity to verify your appointment details are correct. In the “what is the most important thing you want addressed during the visit?” field, enter COVID testing.
- Then, tap schedule. The appointment is now scheduled, and you will receive a confirmation email with the appointment details and instructions.
If you have not already, activate your MyChart account. If you are having difficulty creating or accessing your account, you can call MyChart support at 866.966.6975, option 3 (available Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST) or email MyChartTechSupport@osumc.edu for assistance (email may take up to two days for response).
Why should I participate?
Testing is easy. ·
- Test is quick and easy, requires only 10-15 minutes of your time, keeping your busy schedule free for academics, work, and family.
- Testing is free to students, faculty and staff, saving you money.
- Testing is done through saliva, no worry about blood draws, needles, or a swab up the nose. (Note: not as much saliva is required now as was initially!)
Know your status.
- Testing weekly helps give you peace of mind about your current health state.
- Testing weekly helps you ensure your loved ones are safe. By knowing if you potentially have the virus sooner rather than later, you can quarantine and protect those around you.
- Testing weekly helps you ensure you are not spreading the virus to others on campus.
Testing helps the university continue to operate safely.
- Testing weekly gives the university a benchmark to track infection rates on campus and make informed decisions on the safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors to campus.
- Surveillance testing helps bridge the gap until the general population can receive the vaccine.
- Surveillance testing is a standard practice at many colleges and universities across the country.
- Surveillance testing allows the general campus population to continue in-person or hybrid coursework by quarantining those that test positive.