Newark Campus Parking
General Parking Rules
All students and personnel at the Ohio State University at Newark and the Central Ohio Technical College are subject to the traffic and parking regulations of the Newark Campus. In addition, standard traffic regulations and definitions, as enacted in the motor vehicle laws of the State of Ohio, will be enforced on campus property at all times.
- The posted speed limit is 10 mph in all parking lots and 25 mph on University Drive that encircles the campus.
- Designated parking areas have been posted and are reserved for holders of Faculty/Staff permits, disabled permits and State vehicles.
- Students and visitors may park in any unrestricted parking space on campus - white-lined areas. Student, visitors, and employees without Faculty/Staff permits must have a white line on both sides of the vehicle.
- Staff and faculty parking in yellow-lined spaces are required to display a parking permit. Anyone who parks in yellow-lined spaces designated for staff and faculty without a parking permit are subject to a parking fine. Additionally, anyone parking in a handicap space must have handicap parking permissions displayed clearly; vehicles illegally parked in handicap spaces are also subject to fines.
- Parking regulations are in effect and enforced 24 hours a day. The responsibility for finding a legal parking space rests with the motor vehicle operator regardless of weather or crowded conditions.
- The Newark Campus reserves the right to remove, or have removed and impounded, any vehicle that is parked in such a manner as to constitute a hazard or parking violation. Owners of such vehicles will be required to pay all costs involved. The campus cannot assume responsibility for the care or protection of any vehicle or its contents at any time it is operated or parked on campus property. Owners should ensure that unattended vehicles are locked at all times.
- Faculty and staff may purchase a parking permit online. This is the only way to purchase a parking permit at this time. After payment is made, the permit may be picked up in the Public Safety Office. Permits are good from the first day of autumn semester through the day before autumn semester of the following year.
- Students may obtain a parking permit at no cost in the Public Safety office after August 3. Please bring your license plate number and student ID.
Food for Fines program
This program is a chance for people to pay off their parking tickets in a non-traditional way that also directly helps students on campus. The Ohio State Newark and Central Ohio Technical College have a cost-shared food pantry called The Campus Corner. The food pantry is a resource for any students on campus to use. The donations that are given through the Food for Fines program will go
directly to The Campus Corner food pantry.
1. Individuals must provide a minimum of $10 worth of food/supply items from the list below.
2. Food and supplies can be brought directly to the Office of Public Safety, located in the Warner Center 1st floor (behind the Bean Counter, across from the Bookstore return window).
3. Food and supplies being donated in lieu of monetary fine must be received by the Office of Public Safety within 15 days of the citation date OR the fine will remain intact on the individual’s account.
List of accepted items:
- 12 cans of vegetables and/or fruit
- 10 boxes of mac & cheese
- 10 cans of soup
- 5 Hormel ready meals
- 5 cans of canned chicken
- 8 jars of peanut butter
*Food must not be expired*
For questions, please contact:
Department of Public Safety,
John L. and Christine Warner Library and Student Center, Room 105
1219 University Drive Newark, OH 43055
Obtain and display your parking permit.
STUDENTS: Park in white-lined areas only.
Slowdown in parking lots and please drive safely!
REPORT CRIME OR SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY TO CAMPUS AUTHORITIES.