Reese Community Leadership Award
In an effort to honor and recognize J. Gilbert Reese’s incredible legacy of visionary leadership and community support and inspire the next generation of community leaders, The Ohio State University at Newark, Central Ohio Technical College (COTC) and the Newark Campus Development Fund established the J. Gilbert Reese Next Generation Community Leadership Award in 2019.Eligibility Criteria
COTC and Ohio State Newark students who:
- exemplify a spirit of volunteerism and community involvement,
- are involved in student activities, clubs or organizations,
- have demonstrated leadership skills on- or off-campus, and
- have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 are invited to apply for the award.
To be considered for this award, interested students must:
- Complete the application.
- Type an essay (750 words or less) summarizing your community service experience, what you have learned through volunteerism and community involvement, and how you plan to continue serving your community after graduation.
- Return completed application and typed essay to the Advancement Office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 16th either by mail (Advancement Office, 1179 University Drive, Newark OH 43055) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The award is presented annually to one COTC student and one Ohio State Newark student early November. Each recipient receives a framed certificate and a $2,000 scholarship is applied to their tuition for the following spring semester.
The application deadline has passed. The application will be available in the fall of 2021 for the 2021-2022 year.