Hours of operation
*Check posting on office door for updates or changes.
Register Blast has LAUNCHED!
The Ohio State Newark Testing Center invites you to begin scheduling your appointments online today.
The Testing Center now requires students to use Register Blast to schedule testing times to ensure high-quality service free of delay.
Students can register with only one-day notice. Those with testing accommodations should register three days in advance.
The Testing Center for Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark is located in Hopewell 88. Many types of tests are administered in the Testing Center, including ACCUPLACER placement testing, ATI TEAS and classroom testing, distance learning testing, missed classroom tests, and class tests for students with authorized accommodations. All testing is done individually – that is, no full classes are proctored.
- Students should check with the Testing Center regarding the open hours available. During the autumn and spring semesters, Monday through Thursday, the last test is handed out at 6:00 pm; all testing must cease at 6:45 p.m. On Friday, the last test is handed out at 3:00 pm and tests are collected at 3:45 p.m.
- Instructors determine the amount of time allotted for each exam; therefore, students must arrive early enough to allow themselves at least this much time to complete any exams before the Testing Center closes.
- Please be advised that if you receive extended time to also allot for the additional time when planning to come in to test.
- All students must have a photo I.D. to take any kind of test.
- Students should not bring food or drinks to the Testing Center.
- Exams requiring a computer must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
The Testing Center provides a testing space for students with documented disabilities. Their accommodations may include extended time, soundproof room, a reader and/or scribe.
A student must present the instructor with a signed accommodation form from the Office for Disability Services.
The Testing Center has two soundproof rooms for use by students who require a distraction-reduced environment.
The accommodation sheet must be presented each time the student takes a test in the Testing Center.
Students must make appointments to use their accommodations through Register Blast. Single rooms and readers/scribes are provided on a first come, first served basis. Students are encouraged to schedule early in order to ensure that these accommodations will be available. If you encounter problems when scheduling please contact Heidi at 740-364-9676
Students are permitted to make up exams at the Testing Center. However, the following restrictions apply:
The professor must deliver the test to the Testing Center either through the electronic format or directly to Hopewell 88. A proctor request form is required for each student taking a test.
All tests must be schedule through Register Blast.
Heidi K. Hartley MPA - Testing Center Coordinator
Hopewell Hall, Room 88
1179 University Drive
Newark, OH 43055
Testing Center Mission Statement
The Ohio State University at Newark and Central Ohio Technical College Testing Center provides accessible, secure, and confidential testing services to both students and community members in an optimal testing environment. We strive to preserve academic integrity and support the academic mission of excellence held by both institutions. This is accomplished by adhering to the National College Testing Association’s Professional Standards and Guidelines.
The Testing Center is a member of the National College Testing Association and adheres to their Professional Standards and Guidelines.