Newark Campus Recreational Sports provides intramural, recreation and fitness opportunities for student, faculty and staff of Ohio State Newark and Central Ohio Technical College.
The Ohio State University at Newark is following Governor Mike DeWine’s recommendations to take immediate action to minimize the risk of exposure and slow the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in our communities. Ohio State Newark will implement modified campus operations beginning Monday, March 23, and continue indefinitely. The institution will remain open for business remotely – all campus buildings will be closed to the public and no in-person services will be available.
- State-of-the-art cardio machines
- New weight equipment and racks
- 1500 square feet
- Wood floors and mirrored walls
- Multipurpose grass turf field 50 yds x 80 yds
- Used for multiple sports and classes
- •14,000 square feet of space
- 2 full size basketball courts or
- 2 full volleyball courts
- Flag football
- 3v3 Basketball
- 3 Point Shoot Out
- Table Tennis
- Indoor Soccer (futsal)
- Strength Competition Lifting
- Strength Competition Crossfit
- Cornhole Tournament
- Golf Scramble
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Race to the Finish 5K
- Sand Volleyball
Adena Recreation Center
The Adena Recreation Center is open throughout the day and evening for recreational use by students, faculty, and staff of the Newark campus. Participants must present their BUCK-ID for entry to the facility.
Register for Intramural Sports at imleagues.com and download the IMleagues app for your smartphone
• Our student staff is a key component in our approach to fulfill our mission, vision and values of the Student Life and Recreation Sports Programs.
• See our current job listings at Financial Aid.
Visit our Intramurals page to find out more about what events you can get involved in this semester.
Recreation Sports Calendar