Newark Campus Recreational Sports provides intramural, recreation and fitness opportunities for student, faculty and staff of Ohio State Newark and Central Ohio Technical College.
Finals Week Hours starting Dec. 6
Friday, Dec. 6, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 7, Noon - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 8, 4:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 9 - Thursday, Dec. 12, 8:00 a.m - 9:00 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 13, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Holiday Hours starting Dec. 16
We will be open Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. daily
Closed on Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
Closing at 5:00 p.m. on Dec. 31
Autumn Semester Hours
- State-of-the-art cardio machines
- New weight equipment and racks
- 1500 square feet
- Wood floors and mirrored walls
- Multipurpose grass turf field 50 yds x 80 yds
- Used for multiple sports and classes
- •14,000 square feet of space
- 2 full size basketball courts or
- 2 full volleyball courts
- Flag football
- 3v3 Basketball
- 3 Point Shoot Out
- Table Tennis
- Indoor Soccer (futsal)
- Strength Competition Lifting
- Strength Competition Crossfit
- Cornhole Tournament
- Golf Scramble
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Race to the Finish 5K
- Sand Volleyball
Monday 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Wednesday 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Thursday 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday Noon - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Hours of operation vary depending on the time of the year and special events taking place in the gymnasium. the center is closed when campus offices are closed. If you have questions about specific daily hours of operation, please contact the center directly: 740-755-7104. Adena Hall is located at 1159 University Drive.
Adena Recreation Center
The Adena Recreation Center is open throughout the day and evening for recreational use by students, faculty, and staff of the Newark campus. Participants must present their BUCK-ID for entry to the facility.Over 10,000 square feet of space
Register for Intramural Sports at imleagues.com and download the IMleagues app for your smartphone
• Our student staff is a key component in our approach to fulfill our mission, vision and values of the Student Life and Recreation Sports Programs.
• See our current job listings at Financial Aid.
Visit our Intramurals page to find out more about what events you can get involved in this semester.
Recreation Sports Calendar