Newark Campus Recreational Sports provides intramural, recreation and fitness opportunities for student, faculty and staff of Ohio State Newark and Central Ohio Technical College.
We will be closed from December 21 through January 1, 2021.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Monday - Friday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Spring Semester Hours
Sunday 4 - 9 p.m.
Monday 6:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Wednesday 6:30 a.m.- 10 p.m.
Thursday 6:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday 8 am - 9 p.m.
Saturday Noon - 5 p.m.
- State-of-the-art cardio machines
- New weight equipment and racks
Adena Recreation Center
The Adena Recreation Center is open throughout the day and evening for recreational use by students, faculty, and staff of the Newark campus. Participants must present their BUCK-ID for entry to the facility.
- 1500 square feet
- Wood floors and mirrored walls
- Multipurpose grass turf field 50 yds x 80 yds
- Used for multiple sports and classes
- 14,000 square feet of space
- 2 full size basketball courts or
- 2 full volleyball courts
- Flag football
- 3v3 Basketball
- 3 Point Shoot Out
- Table Tennis
- Indoor Soccer (futsal)
- Strength Competition Lifting
- Strength Competition Crossfit
- Cornhole Tournament
- Golf Scramble
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Race to the Finish 5K
- Sand Volleyball
• Our student staff is a key component in our approach to fulfill our mission, vision and values of the Student Life and Recreation Sports Programs.
• See our current job listings at Financial Aid.
Visit our Intramurals page to find out more about what events you can get involved in this semester.
Recreation Sports Calendar