Student employment hiring process
1 Apply for a position
- Review current job openings using Workday.
- Log in to Workday.
- In the Applications area, select the Career icon.
- In the View area. Select Search Student Jobs or Search student Federal Work Study Jobs.
- Filter the search using Primary Location. Select Newark Campus.
- Select the job title (blue font) to review the job description.
- Complete application and submit electronic form.
- Select Apply within any job description you want to apply for.
- Follow application instruction prompts.
- Highly recommended: Attach a resume and class schedule to your application.
- Application will be forwarded to supervisor(s) for consideration.
2 Secure a position
- Promptly respond to any contact from supervisor.
- Follow-up with supervisor(s) concerning application if needed.
- Interview, ask questions and be clear about supervisor's expectations.
- Accept or decline job offer that is sent to your Workday Inbox, whichever is applicable.
- Repeat step one, if needed
3 Complete "onboarding" process
Onboarding forms and instructions will be sent to your Workday inbox.
1 Create a position
- Request a template from manager liaison.
- Complete template and send to manager liaison.
- Request description to be posted in Workday.
2 Select a student
Review applications as they are received via Workday.
Email Student Financial Services