We are happy to announce that on-campus events have returned.
Listed below are several current visit opportunities for prospective students and their families. We have also gathered documents and helpful resources on this page so that it is a “one stop shop” for our admitted students. We will continually add helpful resources, interviews and presentations to this page so please check back frequently.
As always if you have questions and want to talk with a member of our admissions team, please contact us by phone 740.366.9333 or via email Newarkfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick Links for Enrollment
- Steps to Enroll
- Activate Ohio State Email (BuckeyeMail) For additional help, review this guide to activate your Buckeye Mail at my.osu.edu or see video in "Now that You're Admitted" section below.
- Accept Offer of Admission and Pay Acceptance Fee
- Complete Additional Admissions Forms – buckeyelink.osu.edu
- Submit FAFSA
- Learning Communities
- Orientation and Placement Testing
- Important Deadlines
- Disability Services
Buckeye Visit Days
Buckeye Visit Days are perhaps the best way to get a comprehensive overview of Ohio State Newark. Your visit will include an admissions overview, faculty interviews and a chance to learn more about financial aid and scholarships, student clubs and organizations, learning communities, housing, study abroad, honors and much more. The event will end with guests taking a guided tour of campus with an admissions professional.
We encourage all students interested in learning more about The Ohio State University at Newark to join us for a Buckeye Visit Day.
Please visit this page to learn more about Visit Guidelines.
Autumn Buckeye Visit Day dates:
Friday, October 22 (9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m.)
Friday, November 19 (9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m.)
Saturday, December 4 (9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m.)
If students cannot attend our Buckeye Visit Day, the next best option to learn more about campus would be to register for an Information Session. Information Sessions will be two hours and will include an admissions overview and a guided tour of campus with an admissions professional.
Autumn Information Session dates:
Friday, October 1 (1:00 to 3:00 p.m.)
Friday, October 8 (1:00 to 3:00 p.m.)
Friday, November 5 (1:00 to 3:00 p.m.)
Friday, December 17 (1:00 to 3:00 p.m.)
Thursday, December 30 (1:00 to 3:00 p.m.)
Virtual Campus Partner Events
Virtual Campus Partner Events will return during autumn semester. Please check back for future dates.Virtual Campus Partner Events will provide students with an in-depth look at departments that play a key role in the admissions process. Students may sign up for several events if they want to hear from multiple departments. Campus Partner events will be an hour in length and will be held online utilizing the Zoom platform.
Spring Virtual Campus Partner Event Videos
Student Success event video event video
Housing event video
Student Financial Services (Scholarships) event video
Learning Communities event video
Disability Services event video
Student Life event video
Advising/Orientation event video
*Zoom is a cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set up and communicate in virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing, and other collaborative capabilities. You don't need an account to attend a Zoom meeting, and the platform is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, meaning nearly anyone can access it.
Restart, Reengage 2021 - A message from Dean William L. MacDonald at The Ohio State University at Newark
Future Buckeye Day 2021 for Admitted Students
April Buckeye Visit Day
Let us know you’ve watched our recorded Buckeye Visit Day and you’ll be added to a monthly drawing for Ohio State University swag.
October Buckeye Visit Day Faculty Panel
Start Your Journey at Ohio State Newark
Watch Us Grow: The John and Mary Alford Center for Science and Technology Spring Update
Autumn semester 2021 classes are now being held in the completed Alford Center.
Student Life at Ohio State Newark
Review this recording of a recent event in which representatives from our Office of Student Life shared how to get involved on campus and what student clubs and organizations are active. If you want to learn more about what there is to do at Ohio State Newark, this is a must see!
Paying your Acceptance Fee and Activating your BuckeyeMail
Click here for a step-by-step guide: Acceptance Walkthrough
Ohio State Newark Learning Communities
Click here for print version of flyer.
How Ohio State Will Help You Succeed
Bruce Weaver, Director
Center for Student Success
Newark Campus Scholarships
Faculty and Staff Videos
Information and Valuable Tips from our Faculty and Staff
Why Choose Ohio State with Associate Dean Stephanie Brown, PhD
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Ohio State Newark
Associate Professor of English
Interview with Associate Professor Nathaniel Swigger, PhD
Assistant Director of Admissions
Wes Grunden interviews Associate Professor of political science Nathaniel Swigger, PhD, about life as a professor, his research, how he's supporting students at this time and much more.
Interview with Assistant Professor James Wirth, PhD
Assistant Director of Admissions Wes Grunden interviews Assistant Professor of psychology James Wirth, PhD, about life as a professor, how he's handling the "new normal" and much more.
Interview with Associate Dean Virginia Cope, PhD
C.R. Barclay, Ohio State Newark senior admissions counselor, talks with Virginia Cope, PhD, associate dean and associate professor of English, about the Honors program that is so much more than just grades.
Virtual Buckeye Visit Day Faculty Panel
Interview with Superintendent of Facilities Brian Boehmer
Interview with English Professor Elizabeth Weiser, PhD
The creation of the fiction novel "Lumen".
Interview with Associate Professor of History Mitchell Lerner, PhD
A historical perspective.
Interview with Associate Professor Nathanial Swigger, PhD
Interview with Associate Professor of African American and African Studies Tiyi Morris, PhD
Now That You're Admitted
Accept our offer of admission and pay your acceptance fee
- Go to https://buckeyelink.osu.edu/, select “Applicant Center – Future Student Login” and login using the credentials you used for your application.
- Pay your nonrefundable $100 acceptance fee
- As a condition of enrollment, all admitted applicants are required to answer a question regarding felony history prior to paying the acceptance fee.
- Once paid, allow 3-5 business days for processing. You will want to review the following: View & Accept your Financial Aid Award
- Financial aid awards for autumn semester roll out starting in mid-April and continue as admissions decisions are made. Check your university email account for your aid notification email and follow the instructions to view your package.
Set up your Buckeye Mail account
- From now on, important and time-sensitive business communications from Ohio State will be emailed to your BuckeyeMail account.
- If you already activated your username and created a password (you may have done this as an applicant in order to check your application status), your final step is to set up your BuckeyeMail account.
- Go to my.osu.edu and log in.
- On the left side of the page, click Change Email Delivery.
- Select Create my BuckeyeMail account and submit.
- For additional help, review this guide to activate your BuckeyeMail.
- Once your request has been processed (allow up to 90 minutes), you'll be able to log in at buckeyemail.osu.edu to receive and send email. Your email address is: email@example.com.
- Check your email daily.
Check your "To Do List" on My Buckeye Link
- Review your “To Do List” on My Buckeye Link for specific items you need to complete throughout the admissions process.
- Check this frequently as items on your “To Do List” will be added each week.
Register for Orientation
- Information on how to register for a virtual orientation will be sent to your BuckeyeMail account. Once you are eligible to register for an orientation, the link to do so will also be available at the bottom of your BuckeyeLink page titled “Orientation Information”.
- Orientation is required for all incoming students and will allow you to:
Completing Your Financial Responsibility Statement
For instructions to complete your Financial Responsibility Statement, please click here.
Accessing Your English Placement Test
Once you receive your confirmation email from the Orientation Coordinator, you may find this document helpful in accessing your English Placement Test.
Click here for directions for accessing your English Placement Test.
Selective Service Registration
Male students living in the United States who are between the ages of 18 and 26 are required to register through the Selective Service and must provide their Selective Service registration number to The Ohio State University. Ohio State Academy (College Credit Plus) students are required to provide their Selective Service number upon turning 18 years of age.
Click here for more information about registering for the Selective Service.
Resources and Instructions for Admitted Students
Buckeye Bulletins will be sent to admitted students and include valuable “how to” instructions and resources so that students can navigate the enrollment process at Ohio State Newark with ease. Buckeye Bulletins may also include links to other campus resources such as financial aid, scholarships, academic opportunities and much more.
Transfer Student Reminders
We are thrilled that you are planning to transfer to Ohio State Newark!Admissions Criteria: Ohio resident who has earned at least a 2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0 on all college coursework. If you have earned less than 30 college credits, please request a high school transcript also be sent to The Ohio State University.
Former transfer student Erika Lynn talks about transferring to Ohio State Newark
Steps to Transfer
Submit Your Application: Go.osu.edu/newarktransferSubmit Your Official Transcripts:
- Order your final transcripts after all grades are posted from your previous institution: Official transcripts can be sent to a secure email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A second option when ordering your official transcripts from a previous university is ordering them electronically and select Ohio State University, Columbus campus as the recipient. The Columbus campus processes all transcripts.
- Finally, if your previous institution does not offer electronic delivery, please have your transcripts mailed to: The Ohio State University, P. O. 182646, Columbus, OH 43218-2646.
Update Your FAFSA: Go to FAFSA.gov, select the 2021-2022 school year and select Ohio State’s School Code: 003090
After You Apply
Activate your username and password:
You will receive an email with your Ohio State ID and username (lastname.#) to access your Applicant Center and check your To Do List.
Watch for a Decision
After You Are Admitted
Set up your BuckeyeMail email account: Go to: my.osu.edu (To access again after set up, go to buckeyemail.osu.edu).
Accept our offer of admission and pay your $100 nonrefundable acceptance fee.
Go to https://buckeyelink.osu.edu and select “Applicant Center – Future Student Log in”. Use log in credentials you used for your application. The sooner you pay
the fee, the sooner you can register for Transfer Student Orientation and schedule classes!
Check your “To Do List” on MyBuckeyeLink located at buckeyelink.osu.edu.
Helpful Resources and Contact Information
Admissions Office: Speak with your Transfer Admissions Counselor
Phone Number: 740.366.9333
Office of Student Life/University Housing:
Phone Number: 740.364.9578
Local Apartments and Roommate Finder: https://newark.osu.edu/students/student-life/housing and roommates
Center for Student Success:
Phone Number: 740.366.3321
Office of Military & Veterans Services:
Phone Number: 614.247.VETS.
This Facebook page is intended for the parents or supporters of students who have been admitted or are currently enrolled at The Ohio State University at Newark. The page is updated frequently with information that is helpful to parents as they support their student’s academic journey.
Parent, Family and Support Person Sessions
These Zoom sessions with Ohio State Newark Staff have concluded for this semester. They answer questions and offer advice on supporting your student and their success during their first year at The Ohio State University. Take some time to watch these recorded 60-minute sessions, and we're sure they will leave you with much enthusiasm as your student continues their path to becoming a Buckeye!
Please visit this page to register for a future session date.
Admissions Parent Session 1
Admissions Parent Session 2
Admissions Parent Session 3
Admissions Parent Session 4
Financial Aid Video Series
Completing the FAFSA
Financial Aid Package
Change of Finances/Status
Satisfactory Academic Progress