We are looking for Buckeye Guides and Admissions Assistants!
To apply, log in to Workday, click the career icon and select search student jobs.
This page is packed full of resources for admitted students to The Ohio State University at Newark. Our upcoming events are highlighted below and include both in-person Buckeye Visit Days as well as several virtual events for students and parents. Additionally, we have gathered documents and “how to” guides that will assist admitted students in completing the enrollment process. We will continually add helpful resources, recordings of events and presentations to this page so please check back frequently.
NOTE: To enhance the health and safety of the university community, Ohio State is requiring every student, faculty and staff member to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Please review the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes web page which provides helpful information about Covid-19 vaccination guidelines.
As always if you have questions and want to talk with a member of our admissions team, please contact us by phone 740.366.9344 or via email Newarkemail@example.com.
Quick Links for Enrollment
- Steps to Enroll
- Activate Ohio State Email (BuckeyeMail) For additional help, review this guide to activate your Buckeye Mail at my.osu.edu or see video in "Now that You're Admitted" section below.
- Accept Offer of Admission and Pay Acceptance Fee
- Complete Additional Admissions Forms – buckeyelink.osu.edu
- Submit FAFSA
- Learning Communities
- Orientation and Placement Testing
- Important Deadlines
- Disability Services
Buckeye Visit Days
Buckeye Visit Days are perhaps the best way to get a comprehensive overview of Ohio State Newark. Your visit will include an admissions overview, faculty interviews and a chance to learn more about financial aid and scholarships, student clubs and organizations, learning communities, housing, study abroad, honors and much more. The event will end with guests taking a guided tour of campus with an admissions professional.
We encourage all students interested in learning more about The Ohio State University at Newark to join us for a Buckeye Visit Day.
Please visit this page to learn more about Visit Guidelines.
Virtual Campus Partner Events
Virtual Campus Partner Events will provide students with an in-depth look at departments that play a key role in the admissions process. Students may sign up for several events if they want to hear from multiple departments. Campus Partner events will be an hour in length and will be held online utilizing the Zoom platform.
Upcoming Virtual Events (via Zoom)
Thursday, April 14, 6:30 p.m.
Students with a 504 or IEP plan should join us for this session to learn more about this process and the student support services that we offer. Bring along any questions you may have.
If you require an accommodation to participate fully, please contact Newark Admissions to cancel your visit at Newarkfirstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 740.366.9344. Requests should be made as soon as possible but no later than two weeks prior to the event. Requests will be accepted beyond that date and every effort to provide a needed accommodation will be made.
*Zoom is a cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set up and communicate in virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing, and other collaborative capabilities. You don't need an account to attend a Zoom meeting, and the platform is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, meaning nearly anyone can access it.
Recent Virtual Campus Partner Event Videos
Super Information Sessions
Super Information Sessions will be two hours in length and will include an admissions overview, academic overview and a guided tour of campus with an admissions professional with time for questions at the end. Regardless if you are just starting your college search or wanting to learn more about final admissions steps for the upcoming autumn semester, know that all prospective students are welcome to attend a Super Information Session!
Friday, May 13, 1:00-3:00 pm
Friday, May 20, 1:00-3:00 pm
Now That You're Admitted
Accept our offer of admission and pay your acceptance fee
- Go to https://buckeyelink.osu.edu/, select “Applicant Center – Future Student Login” and login using the credentials you used for your application.
- Pay your nonrefundable $100 acceptance fee
- As a condition of enrollment, all admitted applicants are required to answer a question regarding felony history prior to paying the acceptance fee.
- Once paid, allow 3-5 business days for processing. You will want to review the following: View & Accept your Financial Aid Award
- Financial aid awards for autumn semester roll out starting in mid-April and continue as admissions decisions are made. Check your university email account for your aid notification email and follow the instructions to view your package.
Set up your Buckeye Mail account
- From now on, important and time-sensitive business communications from Ohio State will be emailed to your BuckeyeMail account.
- If you already activated your username and created a password (you may have done this as an applicant in order to check your application status), your final step is to set up your BuckeyeMail account.
- Go to my.osu.edu and log in.
- On the left side of the page, click Change Email Delivery.
- Select Create my BuckeyeMail account and submit.
- For additional help, review this guide to activate your BuckeyeMail.
- Once your request has been processed (allow up to 90 minutes), you'll be able to log in at buckeyemail.osu.edu to receive and send email. Your email address is: email@example.com.
- Check your email daily.
Check your "To Do List" on My Buckeye Link
- Review your “To Do List” on My Buckeye Link for specific items you need to complete throughout the admissions process.
- Check this frequently as items on your “To Do List” will be added each week.
Register for Orientation
- Information on how to register for a virtual orientation will be sent to your BuckeyeMail account. Once you are eligible to register for an orientation, the link to do so will also be available at the bottom of your BuckeyeLink page titled “Orientation Information”.
- Orientation is required for all incoming students and will allow you to:
Completing your Financial Responsibility Statement
For instructions to complete your Financial Responsibility Statement, please click here.
Accessing your English Placement Test
Once you receive your confirmation email from the Orientation Coordinator, you may find this document helpful in accessing your English Placement Test.
Click here for directions for accessing your English Placement Test.
Selective Service Registration
Male students living in the United States who are between the ages of 18 and 26 are required to register through the Selective Service and must provide their Selective Service registration number to The Ohio State University. Ohio State Academy (College Credit Plus) students are required to provide their Selective Service number upon turning 18 years of age.
Click here for more information about registering for the Selective Service.
Start Your Journey at Ohio State Newark
Student Life at Ohio State Newark
Review this recording of a recent event in which representatives from our Office of Student Life shared how to get involved on campus and what student clubs and organizations are active. If you want to learn more about what there is to do at Ohio State Newark, this is a must see!
Paying your Acceptance Fee and Activating your BuckeyeMail
Click here for a step-by-step guide: Acceptance Walkthrough
Ohio State Newark Learning Communities
Click here for print version of flyer.
How Ohio State Will Help You Succeed
Bruce Weaver, Director
Center for Student Success
Newark Campus Scholarships
Faculty and Staff Videos
Information and Valuable Tips from our Faculty and Staff
Why Choose Ohio State with Associate Dean Stephanie Brown, PhD
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Ohio State Newark
Associate Professor of English
Interview with Associate Professor Nathaniel Swigger, PhD
Assistant Director of Admissions
Wes Grunden interviews Associate Professor of political science Nathaniel Swigger, PhD, about life as a professor, his research, how he's supporting students at this time and much more.
Interview with Assistant Professor James Wirth, PhD
Assistant Director of Admissions Wes Grunden interviews Assistant Professor of psychology James Wirth, PhD, about life as a professor, how he's handling the "new normal" and much more.
Interview with Associate Dean Virginia Cope, PhD
C.R. Barclay, Ohio State Newark senior admissions counselor, talks with Virginia Cope, PhD, associate dean and associate professor of English, about the Honors program that is so much more than just grades.
Virtual Buckeye Visit Day Faculty Panel
Interview with Superintendent of Facilities Brian Boehmer
Interview with English Professor Elizabeth Weiser, PhD
The creation of the fiction novel "Lumen".
Interview with Associate Professor of History Mitchell Lerner, PhD
A historical perspective.
Interview with Associate Professor Nathanial Swigger, PhD
Interview with Associate Professor of African American and African Studies Tiyi Morris, PhD
Resources and Instructions for Admitted Students
Buckeye Bulletins will be sent to admitted students and include valuable “how to” instructions and resources so that students can navigate the enrollment process at Ohio State Newark with ease. Buckeye Bulletins may also include links to other campus resources such as financial aid, scholarships, academic opportunities and much more.
Transfer Student Reminders
We are thrilled that you are planning to transfer to Ohio State Newark!Admissions Criteria: Ohio resident who has earned at least a 2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0 on all college coursework. If you have earned less than 30 college credits, please request a high school transcript also be sent to The Ohio State University.
Former transfer student Erika Lynn talks about transferring to Ohio State Newark
Steps to Transfer
Submit Your Application: Go.osu.edu/newarktransferSubmit Your Official Transcripts:
- Order your final transcripts after all grades are posted from your previous institution: Official transcripts can be sent to a secure email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A second option when ordering your official transcripts from a previous university is ordering them electronically and select Ohio State University, Columbus campus as the recipient. The Columbus campus processes all transcripts.
- Finally, if your previous institution does not offer electronic delivery, please have your transcripts mailed to: The Ohio State University, P. O. 182646, Columbus, OH 43218-2646.
Update Your FAFSA: Go to FAFSA.gov and select to send the FAFSA application to Ohio State’s School Code: 003090.
After You Apply
Activate your username and password:
You will receive an email with your Ohio State ID and username (lastname.#) to access your Applicant Center and check your To Do List.
Watch for a Decision
After You Are Admitted
Set up your BuckeyeMail email account: Go to: my.osu.edu (To access again after set up, go to buckeyemail.osu.edu).
Accept our offer of admission and pay your $100 nonrefundable acceptance fee.
Go to https://buckeyelink.osu.edu and select “Applicant Center – Future Student Log in”. Use log in credentials you used for your application. The sooner you pay
the fee, the sooner you can register for Transfer Student Orientation and schedule classes!
Check your “To Do List” on MyBuckeyeLink located at buckeyelink.osu.edu.
Helpful Resources and Contact Information
Admissions Office: Speak with your Transfer Admissions Counselor
Phone Number: 740.366.9344
Office of Student Life/University Housing:
Phone Number: 740.364.9578
Local Apartments and Roommate Finder: https://newark.osu.edu/students/student-life/housing and roommates
Center for Student Success:
Phone Number: 740.755.7881
Office of Military & Veterans Services:
Phone Number: 614.247.VETS.
This Facebook page is intended for the parents or supporters of students who have been admitted or are currently enrolled at The Ohio State University at Newark. The page is updated frequently with information that is helpful to parents as they support their student’s academic journey.
Parent, Family and Support Person Sessions
Our virtual (Zoom) sessions with Ohio State Newark Staff answer questions and offer advice on supporting your student and their success during their first year at The Ohio State University. Take some time to watch these recorded 60-minute sessions below (or sign up for a future session), and we're sure they will leave you with much enthusiasm as your student continues their path to becoming a Buckeye!
Please visit this page to register for a future session date.
Admissions Parent Session 1
Admissions Parent Session 2
Admissions Parent Session 3
Admissions Parent Session 4
Student Employment: Work on Campus!
Students are encouraged to work on campus to gain professional skills and earn money each week! Hours are flexible to work around students’ class schedules each semester. There are great places to work on campus such as the Admissions Office, Recreation Center, Student Financial Services, Computer Services and Campus Dining to name a few locations.
View current job openings and hiring process: https://workday.osu.edu (New job openings are added around June 1 each year).
- Applications are completed and submitted electronically by the student
- Applications are forwarded to job supervisors for consideration
Federal Work Study Jobs:
- Is need based federal aid
- Is earned by the student by working on campus
- Students will receive a paycheck each week for their time worked
- It is not applied toward tuition or fees
If students do not receive Federal Work Study in their Financial Aid Award Package, students can still apply for on campus jobs:
- Apply for jobs at https://workday.osu.edu
- Students will be paid wages each week for their time worked.
- Cannot apply for “Federal Work Study Only” positions but students can apply for all other jobs.
Financial Aid Video Series
Completing the FAFSA
Financial Aid Package
Change of Finances/Status
Satisfactory Academic Progress