The Ohio State Newark Experience
- Current Enrollment: 2,873
- Counties Represented: 71 of 88 in Ohio
- Student Body Diversity: 34%
- Average Class Size: 25
- Tuition: $4118.50 per semester
- Average Scholarship: $2,000
- 2020-21 Financial Aid/Scholarships available: $1 million+
- Student Clubs and Organizations: Over 30
- Cost of Education Abroad for Students: $1,000
- Campus Size: Approximately 200 Acres
- Distance from Columbus Campus: 39 miles
- Learning Communities: 5
- Faculty with PhDs: 85
- Grants for faculty-supported, hands-on research projects: $1,500 each
- Complete 9 majors at Ohio State Newark
- Start any of Ohio State's 200+ majors
If you are an Ohio resident, graduated from a chartered high school or have a GED, and never attended any other college, you can enroll in Newark. Transfer students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Students come to the Newark campus with varying levels of academic talent and physical abilities. Numerous resources are available. The following list provides just a few:
Be Part of Something Great!
The Ohio State University at Newark is Ohio State. Our courses are the same as the Columbus campus. Your Ohio State transcript will be from Ohio State. Since we are just a short drive from Columbus, we also enjoy all the Big Ten excitement!
Buckeye Voices at Ohio State Newark
Take a look at our student blog to get an insider’s view of Ohio State Newark. Read More at Buckeye Voices
With the stroke of a paintbrush, The Ohio State University at Newark student Lenise Alexandra Sunnenberg is helping to bring Newark’s downtown back to life. Sunnenberg is working with Artist Curtis Goldstein on murals in an alley between the Canal Market District and the Licking County Courthouse.
“I’m an anthropology major, but a professional writing minor. Through my minor, I became an intern at the Evans Foundation which is in charge of the new Canal Market District,” said Sunnenberg. “Because of that association, I became connected to Curtis Goldstein who is the muralist, and then I became his assistant in painting the mural.” - Read More