The Ohio State University at Newark will follow university-wide actions in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, including a shift to virtual class instruction for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester and for the summer 2020 term. All campus services will also be completed remotely. Read more at Coronavirus Overview.
Students are strongly encouraged to check email for updates. This will be the primary means of communication from the campus. If students have specific questions regarding individual courses, they should reach out to their professors or check Carmen.
The university launched a website with information about the coronavirus as well as an email account where general questions about the coronavirus can be directed: email@example.com. Additionally, university-wide updates can be found at news.osu.edu.
Information for visiting families
The Ohio State University is cancelling all admissions and academic visits scheduled through July 6 in an effort to keep our communities safe, and following university and state of Ohio COVID-19 protocols.
We know guests have questions, so we will use this page to communicate updates as decisions are made.
This is an unprecedented situation that is evolving on a daily basis. We are grateful for your understanding and patience! Learn more about how Ohio State Newark is keeping our communities
safe at Coronavirus Overview.
- I'm still deciding on colleges. What are my options to get to know Ohio State Newark, and to have my questions answered?
- We encourage students to view our virtual tour to get to know Ohio State Newark’s campus and to contact our Admissions Office (740.366.9333) should you have specific questions or need assistance completing the enrollment process.
- Can I schedule a future visit?
- Ohio State Newark will continue to assess the situation and make decisions about when future visit opportunities will be available, based on recommendations from public health officials, university leadership and the State of Ohio. We will be sure to communicate with you about any opportunities.
- For high school juniors who had a scheduled visit, Ohio State Newark will also be hosting several visit opportunities this summer. These dates will be posted after May 1. In the meantime, we encourage you to check out our virtual tour.
- I'm registered for an off-campus event. Is that cancelled?
- All Ohio State Newark admissions events are cancelled through mid-May. If a specific Ohio State Newark off-campus event is cancelled, you will receive a cancellation e-mail at the email address you provided in your registration.
- I still have a question. What can I do?
- E-mail Newarkfirstname.lastname@example.org or call our Admissions Office (740.366.9333) with any questions you may have. Please allow additional time for a response due to the high volume of messages we are currently receiving.
Keep Campus Healthy Tips
The best way to prevent the spread of any type of infection is to practice routine hygiene etiquette:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water. Use alcohol hand rub as a backup.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you sneeze or cough. Throw away your tissue after one use.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are ill, stay home. Keep a safe six-foot distance from others to prevent disease spread.
- If you are seriously ill, seek medical advice.
- Complete and stay up to date on your Ohio State vaccination requirements
For more information, visit go.osu.edu/immediate-care.