The Advising Office is currently operating remotely Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–noon and 1–5 p.m. The office is closed during noon–1 p.m. for lunch. Students can schedule remote advising appointments through OnCourse or by calling us at 740.366.9333. Please visit this page to find Advising FAQs and additional guidelines for making an appointment online with your advisor.
What do Academic Advisors do?
- Academic Advisors are caring professionals with valuable information! They are full-time professionals working in partnership with students to help them complete a degree or an educational goal.
- Advisors can assist you with interpreting placement testing results and will help you to build an appropriate first semester schedule.
- Advisors can help you explore educational and career opportunities, set appropriate goals and devise strategies for accomplishing those goals.
- Advisors can help you understand the requirements of Ohio State University majors.
- Advisors can assist you with monitoring your progress toward a degree.
- Advisors can help you work through challenges by answering questions, providing support and connecting you to campus resources.
Office Location & Hours
|Office (no face-to-face appointments at this time)||Hopewell Hall 148|
|Autumn and Spring Semester||
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Closed Noon–1 p.m. daily
Monday–Thursday 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.