Minimum requirements: Students can change to the Columbus campus with a minimum of 30 earned hours (earned after high school graduation) and at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA. This excludes credits earned from testing, e.g. advanced placement testing or Ohio State foreign language testing.
Academic units on the Columbus campus may have additional requirements. Students who are not yet ready to decide on a major, or are not yet eligible for a selective admission major would make a campus change into the Exploration Program.
Step 1: Contact Housing and Residence Life on the Columbus Campus to arrange campus housing – this is required for all first and second year Ohio State students. Please visit housing.osu.edu for more information.
University Housing: email@example.com or 614.292.8266
Step 2: Update your FAFSA and Apply for Columbus Campus Scholarships by February 1st. Contact a financial aid specialist for more information.
Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.292.0300
Step 3: Attend a Campus Change Session. (See below for dates for campus change sessions.)
Step 4: Course scheduling for spring semester begins in November. Schedule your classes as soon as your enrollment appointment opens!
Step 5: Your Campus Change will not be finalized until your grades post in mid-December.
Campus Change Sessions for Spring 2020 will be:
- Monday, November 4: 1 – 2 p.m. on the Warner Platform
- Thursday, November 7: 3 – 4 p.m. on the Warner Platform
- Thursday, December 5: “Reading Day” -- 10 – 11 a.m. in Founders Hall Room 1146
- Thursday, December 5 “Reading Day” – 1pm – 2pm in Founders Hall Room 1146
- Please bring a copy of your Advising Report to the session, as it is required to complete the application.