Minimum requirements: Students can change to the Columbus campus with a minimum of 30 earned hours (earned after high school graduation) and at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA. This excludes credits earned from testing, e.g. advanced placement testing or Ohio State foreign language testing.
Academic units on the Columbus campus may have additional requirements. Students who are not yet ready to decide on a major, or are not yet eligible for a selective admission major would make a campus change into the Exploration Program.
Step 1: Contact Housing and Residence Life on the Columbus Campus to arrange campus housing – this is required for all first and second year Ohio State students. Please visit housing.osu.edu for more information.
University Housing: firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.292.8266
Step 2: Update your FAFSA and Apply for Columbus Campus Scholarships by February 1st. Contact a financial aid specialist for more information.
Financial Aid: email@example.com or 614.292.0300
Step 3: Attend a Campus Change Session. (See below for dates for campus change sessions.)
Step 4: Course scheduling for autumn semester begins in mid-April. Schedule your classes as soon as your enrollment appointment opens!
Step 5: Your Campus Change will not be finalized until your spring grades post in mid-May.
Campus Change Sessions will be held in Founders Hall 1101:
- Monday, February 11 – 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Monday, February 11 – 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 15 – 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Friday, February 15 – Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 18 – Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 18 – 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 19 – 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, February 19 – Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 19 – 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 20 – 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 20 – Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 22 – 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Friday, February 22 – Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 22 – 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 23 – 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Monday, April 23 – 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 22 – 1:00-2:00 p.m., Warner Center #126
Please bring a copy of your Advising Report to the session, as it is required to complete the application.