Ohio State Newark Honors Program
What is the Honors Program?
The Honors program at The Ohio State University at Newark promotes the intellectual and personal development of high-ability undergraduate students both inside and outside the classroom. We provide opportunities for students to enrich their learning by developing global awareness, pursuing original inquiry (research), developing leadership skills, and engaging in service to the community.
Honors students take Honors courses, receive special consideration for the campus' education abroad scholarships and LeFevre Fellowship program, and have access to a lounge for socializing and studying. Students are not required to live on campus in order to participate. Applications for autumn 2022 incoming students are due April 15, 2022. (Additional applications will be reviewed after that date if seats remain).
Current students with strong academic records should contact Honors Director Virginia Cope for information and application information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Priority consideration for the $1500 LeFevre Fellowship (provided to students participating in a community service course)
- Participation in Honors classes with opportunities for in-depth study and engagement
- Priority course scheduling
- Opportunity to graduate “with Honors” or “with Honors Research Distinction”
- Opportunity to pursue original research and write an Honors thesis under the guidance of a faculty member
- Free printing in the Honors lounge
- Invitations to special outings through the Laurel Collegiate Society, the social club for high-achieving students
- Access to opportunities such as scholarships and courses through the University Honors Program