Will it be you to serve as the voice of Ohio State Newark?
The Ohio State University at Newark Buckeye Guide Program is a group of outstanding student leaders who are selected to represent the university in many capacities which include but are not limited to; leading campus tours for prospective students and their families, assisting with the Buckeye Visit Day program, calling and emailing prospective students through telecounseling.
These paid student positions are offered through The Ohio State University Office of Admissions.
- Currently enrolled as an Ohio State Newark student with a 2.0 GPA.
- Attached class schedule with completed application. Students can apply first semester.
- Paid, on-campus student employment with an average of three flexible hours.
- Development of workplace experiences, self-esteem, leadership skills and professional resume.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from Ohio State staff.
Buckeye Guides will complete a training session and give mock tours before being certified and issued a Buckeye Guide shirt.
- Give campus tours to college visitors.
- Inform prospective students and parents interested in Ohio State Newark about all facets of campus life, academic programs, faculty, staff and students, physical facilities, social opportunities and student services."
- Participate in occasional marketing activities to promote Ohio State Newark.
- Assist admissions staff during recruitment events, call/email prospective students during evening hours, and enter student information into database systems.
- Eat, mingle and have fun (e.g. attend The Ohio State University at Newark admissions events!)
Call the Admissions Office at 740.366.9333