Will it be you to represent your university?
The Ohio State University at Newark Buckeye Guide Program is a group of outstanding student leaders who are selected to represent the university in many capacities which include but are not limited to; leading campus tours for prospective students and their families, assisting with the Buckeye Visit Day program, serving on a student panel, calling and emailing prospective students through telecounseling, and administrative duties as needed.
These paid student positions are offered through The Ohio State University Office of Admissions.
- Currently enrolled as an Ohio State Newark student with a 2.0 GPA.
- Attached class schedule with completed application. Students can apply first semester.
- Paid, on-campus student employment with an average of five flexible hours.
- Opportunities for campus exposure.
- Development of workplace experiences, self-esteem, leadership skills and professional resume.
- Unparalleled experience in public relations meeting people, public speaking, representing the university.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from Ohio State staff.
- Passion for Ohio State Newark
- Effective communication skills
- A strong understanding of confidentiality
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Dedication and flexibility
- A willingness to learn
- Give campus tours to college visitors.
- Inform prospective students and parents interested in Ohio State Newark about all facets of campus life, academic programs, faculty, staff and students, physical facilities, social opportunities and student services."
- Demonstrate sincerity, enthusiasm, credibility, and helpfulness.
- Participate in occasional photo shoots or videos for promotional materials for Ohio State Newark.
- Assist admissions staff during recruitment events, call/email prospective students during evening hours, enter student information into database systems and participate in student panels during Buckeye Visit Days.
- Eat, mingle and have fun (e.g. attend The Ohio State University at Newark admissions events!)
Buckeye Guides will complete a training session and give mock tours before being certified and issued a Buckeye Guide shirt.