Global Citizens Learning Community
Do you want to actively engage with the world community?
The Global Citizens Learning Community is a program for first-year students transitioning from high school to college who are interested in global citizenry and want to actively engage with the world community. Students will take courses and participate in activities together that incorporate knowledge of other parts of the world as well as a recognition of global interconnectedness.
Benefits of participation:
- Students will be able to engage in joint activities with other countries around the globe
- Opportunities to engage in global experiences assist students with advancing in their major and future career
- Students will receive priority consideration for Ohio State Newark education abroad trips
- Peer mentors plan social and cultural events for participants to build connections with their peers
- Students will be able to develop their leadership skills and discover opportunities
- Students can receive up to $500 dollars in scholarship funding toward a service-learning experience, education abroad, professional development, or research project
- Students interested in becoming a member of Global Citizens Learning Community should complete the application for full consideration.
- Applicants are encouraged to pay their Ohio State Newark Acceptance Fee for full consideration for this learning community.
"The GCLC prepared me for the upcoming school year and beyond."
"I got to meet interesting people who will be my friends for life."
For details on the application process and more, students can visit: u.osu.edu/gclc.