Global Citizens Learning Community
Do you want to actively engage with the world community?
The Global Citizens Learning Community is a program for first-year students transitioning from high school to college who are interested in global citizenry and want to actively engage with the world community. Students will take courses and participate in activities together that incorporate knowledge of other parts of the world as well as a recognition of global interconnectedness.
Benefits of participation:
- Academic and social support
- Peer mentoring
- Pre-enrollment in cohort courses
- Priority consideration for Ohio State Newark education abroad trips
- Planned social and cultural events to build connections
- Experiential-learning trips
- Engagement in cross-cultural conversations
- Up to $500 in funding towards a service-learning experience, study abroad, professional development or research project
- Students interested in becoming a member of Global Citizens Learning Community should complete the application by April 1 for full consideration.
- Applicants are encourage to pay their Ohio State Newark Acceptance Fee by April 1 for full consideration for this learning community.
- Applications decisions will be sent out the end of April.
For details on the application process and more students can visit: u.osu.edu/gclc.