During the summer months, we have very few scheduled visit events for prospective students and their families who are interested in Ohio State Newark, but we always welcome you to call our office (740.366.9344) or email us (email@example.com) to schedule a personal visit to campus. A personal visit to campus usually includes one-on-one time with a member of our admissions team as well as a tour of campus. Personal visits allow you to visit campus when it is convenient for you! Of course, the best way to experience our campus is to attend a Buckeye Visit Day, which includes an admissions presentation, guided tour of campus, and an opportunity to meet and speak with campus representatives from such offices as Student Financial Services, recreational sports, housing, campus bookstore, academic advising and much more. The date of our next Buckeye Visit Day is below. We will also host visit days monthly beginning in October.
Please review our visit guidelines below. They will not only help keep you safe but will also help you ensure the health and safety of others.
Click here to view visit guidelines.
By registering for a campus visit, I agree to follow the guidelines provided below while on any campus of The Ohio State University:
Everyone is expected to follow the safe and healthy personal safety practices.
- Masks will be optional in most indoor spaces at Ohio State University spaces for students, faculty, staff and visitors with exception of medical facilities, COVID-19 testing facilities, and OSU public transportation. Masks are also optional outdoors.
- In settings where masks are optional, students, faculty, staff and visitors can decide on an individual basis whether or not they will continue to wear a mask – with the exception of the following situation:
- If you test positive or are exposed to COVID-19: Individuals must follow U.S. Centers for Disease Control guidelines — including those related to wearing a mask for at least 10 days — if they test positive for COVID-19 or are exposed to someone with the virus.
- Hands should be washed frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching common surfaces. If soap and water are not available, 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be used. The university has made hand sanitizer widely available across Ohio State’s campuses.
- In the past 24-48 hours, if you have experienced symptoms consistent with a viral syndrome such as fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, vomiting or diarrhea, muscle or body aches, and/or loss of taste or smell you should not attend a campus visit. Please contact Newark Admissions to cancel your visit at Newarkfirstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 740.366.9344.
I, and my guests, also understand that because of the current public health emergency I may be assuming additional risks to my health and safety by choosing to participate in a campus visit.
Buckeye Visit Days
Buckeye Visit Days are perhaps the best way to get a comprehensive overview of Ohio State Newark. Your visit will include an admissions overview, faculty interviews and a chance to learn more about financial aid and scholarships, student clubs and organizations, learning communities, housing, study abroad, honors and much more. The event will end with guests taking a guided tour of campus with an admissions professional.
We encourage all students interested in learning more about The Ohio State University at Newark to join us for a Buckeye Visit Day.
Additional dates coming this autumn. Check back for details.
Upcoming Virtual Events (via Zoom)
If you require an accommodation to participate fully, please contact Newark Admissions before your scheduled visit at Newarkemail@example.com or by calling 740.366.9344. Requests should be made as soon as possible but no later than two weeks prior to the event. Requests will be accepted beyond that date and every effort to provide a needed accommodation will be made.
*Zoom is a cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set up and communicate in virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing, and other collaborative capabilities. You don't need an account to attend a Zoom meeting, and the platform is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, meaning nearly anyone can access it.
Recent Virtual Campus Partner Event Videos
Virtual Transfer Information Sessions
If you require an accommodation to participate fully, please contact Newark Admissions at Newarkfirstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 740.366.9344. Requests should be made as soon as possible but no later than two weeks prior to the event. Requests will be accepted beyond that date and every effort to provide a needed accommodation will be made.
Please check back for additional virtual Transfer Information Sessions.
*Zoom is a cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set up and communicate in virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing and other collaborative capabilities. You don't need an account to attend a Zoom meeting, and the platform is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, meaning nearly anyone can access it.
Students are welcome to contact our Admissions Office to schedule a one-on-one appointment with an admissions counselor. These appointments are typically helpful to transfer students, non-traditional students or those with specific needs. Please contact our Admissions Office at 740.366.9344 to schedule or email us at Newarkemail@example.com.