On-Campus Tours (for incoming freshmen and transfer applicants)
WE ARE BACK!!!
Guests will be able to explore our academic buildings and see our beautiful campus at Newark on a self-guided tour with time to ask our admissions staff questions at the end. Whether you’ve visited Ohio State Newark before or it’s your first time, we want to make sure that you feel confident in our commitment to your well-being. We are taking steps to keep our visitors safe and healthy — and we can all make a difference for each other.
These dates are reserved for students that are incoming freshmen and transfer applicants so that they will get a chance to see our campus before enrolling. Only two guests are permitted to visit with each student. Additional guests will not be permitted to check in at the Warner Center, nor will they be permitted to join a campus tour group once dismissed.
Please check below for the current dates that are available. Additional dates will be added based on student interest.
- Non-applicants that are high school seniors or transfer students can call our office for availability.
- High school juniors will be able to schedule for available dates in June once they are released.
Friday, May 21 (9-4:00 p.m.)
Students will register for a 30-minute time slot between the hours noted above for each date and be on campus for that specified time. Students will be notified of their exact time to arrive on campus during the half-hour slot that they select. This notification will be emailed closer to the event date.
The visit guidelines below will not only help keep you safe but will also help you ensure the health and safety of others.
By registering for a campus tour, I agree to follow the guidelines provided below while on any campus of The Ohio State University:
Campus tour offerings on Ohio State campuses includes a combination of the use of appropriate face masks, physical distancing, hand hygiene, limited density in indoor spaces, and control of the flow of traffic into and around select high-traffic buildings. Everyone is expected to follow the safe and healthy personal safety practices, including face masks, physical distancing and hand hygiene.
- Face masks must be worn on Ohio State’s campuses. Face masks must be worn in indoor settings, including, but not limited to: classrooms, conference rooms, shared office spaces, hallways, shared vehicles and common areas such as lobbies and study spaces on all Ohio State campuses. Masks must also be worn in outdoor settings, even when individuals can maintain appropriate physical distancing. Face masks should cover the nose and extend below the chin; fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face; allow for breathing without restriction; be secured with ties or ear loops; include multiple layers of fabric (tightly woven cotton is most effective); used by only one person and not shared. Disposable face masks are provided in the event a visitor does not have one in their possession.
- Everyone should maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others in any public space — indoor or outdoor — wherever possible. The check-in for this event has been set up according to this distance requirement.
- Hands should be washed frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching common surfaces. If soap and water are not available, 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be used. The university has made hand sanitizer widely available across Ohio State’s campuses.
- In the past 24-48 hours, if you have experienced symptoms consistent with a viral syndrome such as fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, vomiting or diarrhea, muscle or body aches, and/or loss of taste or smell you should not attend your campus tour or come to campus. Please contact Newark Admissions to cancel your visit at Newarkemail@example.com or by calling 740.366.9333.
- Only two guests are permitted to visit with each student. Additional guests will not be permitted to check in at the Warner Center, nor will they be permitted to join a campus tour group once dismissed.
I, and my guest, also understand that because of the current public health emergency I may be assuming additional risks to my health and safety by choosing to participate in a campus tour.
We are still offering virtual events online via Zoom. Please see event dates below.
A note about accessibility: We want all individuals to engage fully in our online events. If you need accommodations such as captioning, please email Newarkfirstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate 14 days’ notice, but will make every effort to accommodate all requests. As we gradually return to campus, please review the information on this page.
Virtual Buckeye Visit Days
Virtual Buckeye Visit Days are perhaps the best way to get a comprehensive overview of Ohio State Newark. Your Zoom session will include an admissions overview, faculty interviews and a chance to learn more about financial aid and scholarships, student clubs and organizations, learning communities, housing, study abroad, honors and much more.
We encourage all students interested in learning more about The Ohio State University at Newark to join us for a Virtual Buckeye Visit Day.
Summer Buckeye Visit Days (via Zoom*)
Thursday, July 22, 2021 (6:30-8:15 p.m.)
*Zoom is a cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set up and communicate in virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing, and other collaborative capabilities. You don't need an account to attend a Zoom meeting, and the platform is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, meaning nearly anyone can access it.
Virtual Campus Partner Events (via Zoom*)
Virtual Campus Partner Events will return during autumn semester. Please check back for future dates.
Spring Virtual Campus Partner Event Videos
Student Success event video
Housing event video
Student Financial Services (Scholarships) event video
Learning Communities event video
Disability Services event video
Student Life event video
Advising/Orientation event video
*Zoom is a cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set up and communicate in virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing, and other collaborative capabilities. You don't need an account to attend a Zoom meeting, and the platform is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, meaning nearly anyone can access it
Virtual Spring Transfer Student Information Sessions (via Zoom*)
Students who wish to transfer to Ohio State University at Newark who have attended a different college or university after high school, are encouraged to attend a Transfer Student Information Session. The Transfer Admissions Counselor will highlight the application process, financial aid and important deadlines in a 30 minute session with time for questions after the presentation.
Transfer Student Information Sessions have concluded for spring semester. Please check back for future dates.
*Zoom is a cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set up and communicate in virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing and other collaborative capabilities. You don't need an account to attend a Zoom meeting, and the platform is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, meaning nearly anyone can access it.
Virtual Personal Appointments
Students are welcome to contact our Admissions Office to schedule a one-on-one appointment with an admissions counselor. These appointments are typically helpful to transfer students, non-traditional students or those with specific needs. Please contact our Admissions Office at 740.366.9333 to schedule or email us at Newarkemail@example.com. At this time these appointments will be held over the phone only.