On-Campus Events are Back!!!
We are happy to announce that on-campus events have returned this summer. Listed below are several visit opportunities for prospective students and their families. These events are open to ANY student that is interested in Ohio State Newark. Please check below for the current dates that are available. We will add additional dates for Information Sessions based on student interest.
The visit guidelines below will not only help keep you safe but will also help you ensure the health and safety of others.
By registering for a campus visit, I agree to follow the guidelines provided below while on any campus of The Ohio State University:
Campus visit offerings on Ohio State campuses includes a combination of the use of appropriate face masks and physical distancing, hand hygiene, limited density in indoor spaces, and control of the flow of traffic into and around select high-traffic buildings. Everyone is expected to follow the safe and healthy personal safety practices.
- Students, faculty, staff and visitors to all Ohio State campuses and medical facilities are required to wear masks indoors, regardless of their vaccination status.
- Masks continue to be required outdoors for unvaccinated individuals when they cannot maintain physical distancing. Note that individuals are fully vaccinated 14 days after their final dose of vaccine.
- Vaccinated people are not required to mask outdoors.
- Fully vaccinated individuals are also no longer required to physically distance.
- Hands should be washed frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching common surfaces. If soap and water are not available, 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be used. The university has made hand sanitizer widely available across Ohio State’s campuses.
- In the past 24-48 hours, if you have experienced symptoms consistent with a viral syndrome such as fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, vomiting or diarrhea, muscle or body aches, and/or loss of taste or smell you should not attend a campus visit. Please contact Newark Admissions to cancel your visit at Newarkemail@example.com or by calling 740.366.9333.
I, and my guests, also understand that because of the current public health emergency I may be assuming additional risks to my health and safety by choosing to participate in a campus visit.
Buckeye Visit Days
Buckeye Visit Days are perhaps the best way to get a comprehensive overview of Ohio State Newark. Your visit will include an admissions overview, faculty interviews and a chance to learn more about financial aid and scholarships, student clubs and organizations, learning communities, housing, study abroad, honors and much more. The event will end with guests taking a self-guided tour of campus.
We encourage all students interested in learning more about The Ohio State University at Newark to join us for a Buckeye Visit Day.
Please check back for autumn dates.
If students cannot attend our Buckeye Visit Day, the next best option to learn more about campus would be to register for an Information Session. Information Sessions will be two hours and will include an admissions overview and a self-guided tour of campus with time for questions at the end.
Information Session dates:
Thursday, August 5 (10:00 am to noon)
Thursday, August 5 (2 - 4:00 p.m.)
Friday, August 13 (2 - 4:00 p.m.)
Friday, August 20 (10:00 am to noon)
Friday, August 20 (2 - 4:00 p.m.)
Virtual Campus Partner Events (via Zoom*)
Virtual Campus Partner Events will return during autumn semester. Please check back for future dates.
Spring 2021 Virtual Campus Partner Event Videos
Student Success event video
Housing event video
Student Financial Services (Scholarships) event video
Learning Communities event video
Disability Services event video
Student Life event video
Advising/Orientation event video
*Zoom is a cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set up and communicate in virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing, and other collaborative capabilities. You don't need an account to attend a Zoom meeting, and the platform is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, meaning nearly anyone can access it
Virtual Transfer Student Information Sessions (via Zoom*)
Students who wish to transfer to Ohio State University at Newark who have attended a different college or university after high school, are encouraged to attend a Transfer Student Information Session. The Transfer Admissions Counselor will highlight the application process, financial aid and important deadlines in a 30 minute session with time for questions after the presentation.
Virtual Transfer Student Information Session dates:
Information Sessions have ended for summer. New dates for this autumn will be added soon!
*Zoom is a cloud-based video communications app that allows you to set up and communicate in virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing and other collaborative capabilities. You don't need an account to attend a Zoom meeting, and the platform is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, meaning nearly anyone can access it.
Virtual Personal Appointments
Students are welcome to contact our Admissions Office to schedule a one-on-one appointment with an admissions counselor. These appointments are typically helpful to transfer students, non-traditional students or those with specific needs. Please contact our Admissions Office at 740.366.9333 to schedule or email us at Newarkfirstname.lastname@example.org. At this time these appointments will be held over the phone only.