The Ohio State University at Newark welcomes students of all ages to visit campus. We offer Buckeye Visit Days, information sessions and personal appointments. Please review each of these visit opportunities below to learn more.
Buckeye Visit Day
Buckeye Visit Days are perhaps the best way to get a feel for our campus community. Your visit to campus will include an admissions overview, faculty panel, tour of campus and a chance to speak with representatives from offices who can tell you more about financial aid and scholarships, student clubs and organizations, learning communities, housing, study abroad, honors and much more. Current Ohio State Newark students will lead tours of campus and tell you more about their Buckeye experience.
We encourage all students interested in learning more about The Ohio State University at Newark to join us for a Buckeye Visit Day.Buckeye Visit Days are scheduled on the following dates:
- Saturday, April 6, 2019
If students are unable to join us for a Buckeye Visit Day, information sessions provide the next best opportunity to see what life is like on our campus. Information sessions are intended for high school students who will begin their studies at Ohio State Newark immediately after high school. Information sessions are typically held each Friday on the campus of The Ohio State University at Newark. During these sessions, an admissions counselor provides a 45-minute presentation highlighting the admissions process, academic programs, scholarships and much more. A student led tour of campus concludes the day on campus.Information sessions are scheduled on the following dates:
- Friday, April 12
- Friday, April 26
- Friday, May 10
- Friday, May 17
Transfer Information Sessions
Specifically designed for students interested in transferring to Ohio State Newark led by our Transfer Admissions Counselor. Held on the Newark campus, these sessions will involve:
- 20-minute presentation highlighting the overall transfer admission and enrollment processes.
- Brief tour of campus
- Workshop to provide individual support in completing the application, sending transcripts, reviewing transfer credit, applying for financial aid, and to address any questions
Students are encouraged to attend this event at any stage of their transfer admissions process.
Transfer Information Sessions are scheduled on the following dates:
Friday, Apr. 5, 2019 - 5 -7 p.m.
Friday, May 10, 2019 - 5 - 7 p.m.
Friday, June 28, 2019 - 5 - 7 p.m.
Admitted Student Open House
Friday, April 19, 2019
Admitted students are invited and will be able to:
- Chat with students who can help you plan excursions, whether to downtown Newark, Columbus, Berlin or Havana
- Activate your Buckeye email account
- Speak one-on-one with a financial aid representative
- Tour campus, including a residence hall stop
- Get details about residence life, student life, academic support services, education abroad and much more
- Obtain Academic Advising preparation & guidance for Orientations beginning in June
- Admissions staff will be available to answer questions
- Please note this is a special day for admitted students only
Students are welcome to contact our Admissions Office to schedule a one-on-one appointment with an admissions counselor. These appointments are typically helpful to transfer students, non-traditional students or those with specific needs. Please contact our Admissions Office at 740.366.9333 to schedule.