The Office of Multicultural Affairs strives to develop comprehensive programs to increase retention of minority students for academic success and professional development as well as collaborate with other offices and the community to create an inviting and relaxed atmosphere that promotes inclusiveness for all students.
- Serves as a location for development and awareness of multicultural programs and events, on and off campus
- Enhances exposure and creates a learning environment of cultural differences for students, staff, and faculty
- Supports academic resources
- Interprets information given to students by other offices and serves as a mediator
- Organizes outreach programs to communicate educational opportunities at Ohio State Newark
- Assists admissions and advising in the recruitment and retention of students