The Ohio State University at Newark - Student life
Supporting the university's mission
The Office of Student Life at the Newark campus strives to cultivate a campus community where students can achieve success and become responsible citizens. Our purpose is to support the university's mission by providing services and programs, encouraging student learning in and out of the classroom, and developing a diverse community which is educationally purposeful, open, just, disciplined, caring and celebrative.
We are located in the John L. and Christine Warner Library and Student Center, room 226.
Ohio State Newark Homecoming Court 2018 Application
Each year, student leaders are chosen to represent The Ohio State University as members of the Homecoming Court. These individuals are selected by a judging panel that may consist of staff, faculty, and alumni. The court members are chosen based on their ability to exemplify the qualities of leadership, spirit, integrity, and achievement through their contributions and involvement at The Ohio State University at Newark. Are you interested in applying?
Click here for the application. Deadline for submission is March 1, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
Ohio State Newark 2017 Homecoming Court
(L to R) Emily Adam, Anna Yoder, Franchesica Kidd (Queen), Dean Bill MacDonald, Chuck Cayton (King), Reese Ogle and Brian Williams.
To view photos from the Homecoming Coronation, click here.
Get to know the Ohio State Newark 2017 Homecoming Court.
Welcome Week 2017
- Part of serving the needs of campus is diversifying the nutritional profiles of our menus to accommodate a variety of needs and preferences.
- Campus Dining serves our students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University through the Table of Contents, Cyber Cafe and our catering service.
- Career Services provides the resources and strategies for choosing a college major,developing career plans, finding internships and full-time jobs and making successful career transitions.
- Career Services seeks to educate and motivate students and alumni to take action to achieve current and future career goals.
- High quality in-person and online services work in partnership with students, alumni, employers, faculty and staff.
- Your resource for career management!
- The college years mark a time when students face new challenges and undergo significant personal and social changes that can affect their academic performance, personal lives and/or their relationships;
- Understanding and adjusting to these challenges and changes in not always easy, and students often seek help from others;
- Counseling Services offers help to students who experience a variety of difficult personal and interpersonal challenges;
- Our office is staffed with professional licensed counselors and social workers who specialize in helping students adjust to these changes and to college life in general.
The Office for Disability Services (ODS) provides the following services to Newark campus students with disabilities:
- Handles requests and maintains disability-related documents;
- Certifies eligibility for services;
- Determines academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and/or services;
- Develops plans for the provision of academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and/or services as mandated under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- The Newark campus residence community strives to provide a clean, safe, and quiet environment for our residential students;
- As members of the residence community, students are encouraged to adopt as their standard an attitude of civility and respect for others;
- A qualified and dedicated staff works to establish links between the academic, social, and recreational aspects of college life.
We promote cultural diversity and awareness by encouraging interaction among students, faculty and staff;
- We plan and host a multitude of programs, services, and activities to encourage cooperative relations among diverse groups;
- We look forward to working with you and hope to see you around our campus or at our events.
Students are provided with an abundant number of athletic and recreational opportunities.
- Each year, approximately 250 students participate on a wide variety of intramural teams;
- The Adena Hall athletic facility is open throughout the day and evening for recreational use by students, faculty, and staff of the Newark campus.
- The Student Conduct Code has been set to maintain the general welfare of the campus community;
- The university strives to make the campus community a place where people are treated, and treat one another, with respect and courtesy;
- The judicial affairs process is a learning experience that can result in an increased understanding of one’s responsibilities and privileges within the university and the community at large.
- Involvement in campus activities provides many new challenges and opportunities to learn and grow;
- Clubs and organizations represent the most visible and accessible avenue to student involvement;
- Campus clubs and organizations match a variety and diversity of interests and needs;
- Social cultural, political, religious, and community service organizations are a few of the possibilities.
Students enjoy meeting Ohio State President Michael V. Drake, M.D.