Office of Retention & Student Success Initiatives
We are committed to your success!
The staff in the Office of Retention and Student Success Initiatives are committed to ensuring all students have the necessary supports, both inside and outside of the classroom, to fully realize their academic and personal potential at Ohio State Newark. We strive to enhance student success by encouraging students to identify their individual strengths and take full advantage of campus resources designed to help them succeed. We ask students to give thoughtful consideration to their academic and personal goals leading them to take responsibility for their education, choices, and decisions.
We realize that, at times, students may experience difficulties or unexpected challenges related to academics, health, financial, or social, and we are committed to connecting them with resources both on and off-campus that may help. We encourage students to meet with an Academic Success Coach to explore options that may help decide how to proceed. In many cases, a short-term change may be the key to long-term success.
Students who are driven to meet their educational goals and desire to take advantage of every resource available to further support their efforts are also encouraged to meet with us to create a personalized academic success plan.
Our office is committed to ensuring all students have the necessary supports, both inside and outside of the classroom, to fully realize their academic and personal potential at Ohio State Newark.
Self-schedule appointment today.
Login to buckeyes.campus.eab.com, and click Schedule an Appointment. Select Student Support Services and Newark Retention & Student Success to schedule with one of our Academic Success Coaches.
- Every student at Ohio State Newark has the potential to succeed.
- Education takes place most productively in an inclusive, diverse and equitable community.
- Student success is a combination of academics, personal wellness, and engagement.
- Students who self-advocate and take responsibility for their education are more likely to succeed.
- Students receive personalized attention when situations or issues arise that affect their ability to be successful.
- Smart students take advantage of resources on campus.
- Campus-wide partnerships are critical to encouraging student success; it takes an entire campus to retain students.