Diversity & Inclusion Champion Award
The Diversity & Inclusion Champion Award (D&I Champion Award) acknowledges an individual, group or company that has made exceptional diversity and inclusion contributions in Licking County. These contributions include developing or revising a diversity and inclusion program, creating awareness of cultural and social events, proactively seeking to diversify employee demographics, or establishing diversity and inclusion training programs. The award recipients promote a better understanding — not only of people who live in Licking County — but of people around the world.
The Diversity & Inclusion Champion Award recipient will be recognized at the Community Intercultural Relations Conference (CIRC) and presented with a personalized plaque by the CIRC Committee.
There are three award categories for the Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award:
- Community Group or Organization
To be considered for the D&I Champion Award, nominees must meet the following entry requirements:
- A nomination must include at least one letter of support outlining the nominee’s accomplishments. This letter can be submitted digitally with the online nomination form, or mailed separately to Vorley Taylor, CIRC committee chair.
- The nominator shall clearly demonstrate efforts without which the contributions would not have been made or accomplished.
- The individual, community group or organization, or business must be a resident of or located in Licking County.
- The contribution must have been made by Jan. 30.
- Nomination form, letter and all supplemental materials for consideration must be submitted by Feb. 15 deadline.
Optional Support Materials
Supplemental materials are additional support for the nomination. Materials to be included but not limited to nominee’s letter, client’s letter, data collection, press releases, brochures, posters, designs guidelines, or fact sheet. If your nomination is in reference to a plan, please be sure to include a copy of the Diversity & Inclusion plan.
Method of Selecting Award Recipient
The CIRC Committee reviews and selects candidates from the list of nominees for the award and submits to the committee chair for final approval.
Community Intercultural Relations Conference Committee Membership
The committee consists of business leaders, educators, students and residents of Licking County. A minimum of seven community members, including at least one staff/faculty member and one student from Ohio State Newark and COTC.
Feb. 15, 2023
Nominations can be submitted using the online nomination form or by mail. Letters of support and additional supplemental materials can be mailed to the following address:
Ohio State Newark/COTC
Attn Vorley Taylor, CIRC Chair
1179 University Drive
Newark, Ohio 43055
Diversity & Inclusion Champion Award Recipients
Diane Kanney, Director of Enrollment at Ohio State Newark